Dalhousie University scholarships are currently available. This post will go into great detail about this scholarship, including its benefits and step-by-step application methods.
Dalhousie University Scholarship Award is a fully funded award for international students. This prize is for graduate and postdoctoral research. The $30,000 scholarship includes a monthly stipend, housing assistance, fee exemptions, and health insurance.
Dalhousie University is presently offering scholarships. This essay will go over the scholarship, its perks, and the application process in great depth.
Dalhousie University Award is an international student scholarship that is completely funded. This grant is open to master’s and doctoral students. This $30,000 scholarship pays for a monthly stipend, accommodation, a fee waiver, and health insurance. This scholarship is one of the Top 10 Best Scholarships in Canada for all Students.
Table of Contents
Level/Field of Study
The Dalhousie University Scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship. in order words, it is strictly designed for graduate students who wish to further their education at Dalhousie University.
The Dalhousie University Scholarship is supported and hosted by Dalhousie University located at 6299 South St, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2, Canada. Dalhousie University is a well-known university in Canada. If you want to study in Canada, Dalhousie University is one university you ant to give a try.
The Dalhousie University scholarship is an international scholarship. It is open to citizens of all countries. As long as you meet the criteria and required documents, your application will be considered.
Required Criteria for Dalhousie University Scholarship
The following are required to qualify for the Dalhousie University Scholarship.
- At Dalhousie University, you can pursue an undergraduate degree, a diploma in dental hygiene, or a master’s degree in social work.
- You are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of classes per term.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- Prove your financial need.
- Have applied for federal student loans* and/or a bank line of credit* (if accessible in the student’s native country).
- Students may apply for the bursary program for up to five years.
Required Documents to Apply for Dalhousie University Scholarship
The following are the requirements for the Dalhousie University Scholarship.
Government student loan
Please submit the following documentation from your provincial student loan office:
- Start and end dates for current loan
- Funding amounts you are receiving
- Your name
If no official evidence is available, you might provide a screenshot of your province’s student loan portal.
Students are expected to exhaust all available resources outside of the university before applying to the Bursary Program, including government student loans and/or bank line of credit support. Please explain why you are not qualified for either program in your bursary application.
A student line of credit
Please submit a current bank account statement that includes your name, credit limit, and balance. This should be available through your online banking.
Indigenous Post-secondary Community Funding
If you are receiving Mi’kmaq or other Indigenous post-secondary community funding (Band/Local/Land Beneficiary), please send your funding letter.
Include a copy of the financial records used to support your study permit application.
For fall applications only – Military Documentation
You must show confirmation that you are the dependent or descendant of a Canadian military service member stationed in Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island.
Demonstrating financial need
- You must demonstrate your financial need by submitting a bursary application through Dal Online.
- Families are expected to contribute to the cost of your education if they have the financial means to do so.
- Students are considered reliant on their parents for the first four years after high school. If you have any special circumstances in this regard, please include a note in your application.
- Transfer students are not eligible for admission grants, with the exception of the First Nations and Indigenous Black (FNIB) Scholarships. To apply for an FNIB scholarship, please fill out the General Entrance Award application.
- Transfer students can apply for bursaries.
- After completing 30 credit hours over two academic semesters as a transfer student, you will be automatically considered for our merit-based Dalhousie In-Course Scholarships.
- Bursary funding is only available for the current academic year.
- Bursaries are not available to visiting students from other institutions.
- The use of Dalhousie property for any legitimate reason (e.g., class attendance, accommodation, parking, Dalplex, payment of fees in arrangement with another university, or enrollment in a joint program, whether or not Dalhousie’s name is attached to it) does not constitute registration at Dalhousie University.
- Law, Medicine, Dentistry, and graduate students (excluding Master of Social Work) should contact their individual academic offices for information on bursaries.
- We do not consider overdue fees or other costs from a prior term when awarding bursaries to address current or previous obligations.
- Dalhousie University is not set up or mandated to provide emergency financial assistance.
The Dalhousie University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for postgraduate students interested in furthering their studies at Dalhousie University.
How to Apply
- Visit the Dal Online Portal and enter your Dal Online login and password, then navigate to “Student Awards and Financial Aid” and click “Apply for Financial Aid.” After completing the online application, send all required documentation to [email protected] with the subject “Bursary Application.” Each academic term, only one bursary application is permitted.
- After submitting your online application, send any required documents to [email protected] with the subject “Bursary Application.”
- Each academic term, only one bursary application is permitted.
- Decisions will be sent to the Dalhousie email address you supplied three weeks after the deadline.
- Summer bursaries will be distributed in early July.
- If you want financial assistance but have missed the deadline for bursaries, please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at [email protected].
- If you have already won a bursary this term but are now facing unexpected emergency fees, please contact the Awards and Financial Aid Office at [email protected] to discuss your options.
You can also check out the Top 10 Best Scholarships in Canada for all Students