You’re browsing through your phone settings and you see an option to disable Google Discover. Sounds helpful, right?
Well, it depends. If you’re not a fan of Google’s recently revamped news feed, disabling Google Discover can be a great way to keep it from cluttering up your home screen. But if you’re looking to get the most out of your Android device, disabling Google Discover is a big mistake.
In this article, we’ll show you how to disable Google Discover on Android and explain the benefits of keeping it enabled.
Google Discover: What Is It?
Do you use Google Discover? If you’re not sure what it is, it’s a newsfeed that Google creates for you based on your interests. It’s personalized, and it’s designed to show you the most relevant content based on what you’ve been searching for.
Some people love it, while others find it a bit too intrusive. If you’re one of the latter, then read on to find out how to disable it completely.
Disable Google Discover From The Home Screen On Android
To disable Google Discover from the home screen on Android, open up the Settings app and tap “Google.” Then, under “Google Feed,” toggle the switch for “Show feed.”
Now, when you open up your home screen, you’ll see a Google search bar and nothing else. The first thing to do is:
1. Press your screen and hold till it displays the “Homepage menu“.
2. Click on “Homepage Setting“
3. After displaying the setting menu or list then you turn off the “Google Discover” option.
If you ever want to enable Google Discover again, just follow the same steps and toggle the switch to the “On” position.
Disable Google Discover From The Google App
To disable google discover from the google app, all you have to do is:
1. Search for the “Google app” and click to launch it.
2. Tap on the “Account icon” in the top right corner.
3. Then, select “Settings” then click on “General.”
4. Here, you will see a “Google Discover menu“, click on it by toggling the switch to “off.”
You can also choose to only show ” Recommended for You” content, or disable it altogether.
Disable Google Discover From Google Chrome On Android
You can disable google discover on android by:
1. Searching for your “Chrome browser icon” on your app menu list then you launch it.
2. Click on the “Discover setting icon” then click on “Turn off” to switch it off.
This will stop Chrome from sending data about your browsing habits to Google. Keep in mind that this will also disable some of the features in Chrome, like spell-checking and autofill. But if you’re concerned about your privacy, it’s worth it to make the sacrifice.
Get Rid Of Google Discover On Android
So, you want to get rid of Google Discover on your Android device? It’s a pretty easy process, but there are a few things you need to know before you get started.
First of all, let’s take a look at what Google Discover is. Basically, it’s a way for Google to show you personalized content based on your interests. It can show up as a card in your feed or as a widget on your home screen.
If you’re not happy with Google Discover and want to get rid of it, here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap on Google.
3. Tap on Search & Now Cards.
4. Disable the Show me search now cards and Show me recommended content cards options.
5. Tap on OK to confirm.
- How To Reset Your Airpods On Andriod
- How To Login For Sbcglobal.Net Email
- How Long Does An LG Refrigerator Last?
- How To Clean Your Computer Screen With Water
So there you have it! That is everything you need to know about and as we mentioned earlier, if you are looking for a way to completely disable Google Discover on your Android device, there is a way to do that. However, it is important to note that this method will only work on devices that are running on Android 9.0 Pie or higher. If you are running an older version of Android, then you will not be able to use this method.